Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default Acrylic to PVC? Sources of PVC sheet?

On Thu, 18 May 2017 10:27:58 -0700, rangerssuck wrote:

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 1:10:23 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:
Can I bond acrylic to PVC with PVC pipe glue?

I have a project that involves PVC pipe with end caps made on the
lathe,
but Tap Plastics doesn't carry PVC sheet (or I'm misreading their
website).

So -- do I make the end caps out of acrylic and bond with epoxy, do I
scratch up some PVC, what?

(External caps won't work, alas -- I'm making a #6 battery replacement,
so looks matter).

--

Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com

Aquarium people deal with this kind of stuff often. Take a look at
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1707024 for some
advice.

Thanks!

--