Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Best way to dry carpet

"Tekkie®"
Thu, 18 May 2017 18:42:31 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Who has 2 phase?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-phase_electric_power

Two-phase electrical power was an early 20th-century polyphase
alternating current electric power distribution system. Two circuits
were used, with voltage phases differing by one-quarter of a cycle,
90°. Usually circuits used four wires, two for each phase. Less
frequently, three wires were used, with a common wire with a larger-
diameter conductor. Some early two-phase generators had two complete
rotor and field assemblies, with windings physically offset to provide
two-phase power. The generators at Niagara Falls installed in 1895 were
the largest generators in the world at that time and were two-phase
machines. As of 21st century, two-phase power was superseded with three
phases and is not used in the industry. There remains, however, a two-
phase commercial distribution system in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;
many buildings in Center City are permanently wired for two-phase
[citation needed] and PECO (the local electric utility company) has
continued the service. This type of service happens to exist in
Hartford, Connecticut. It does serve a few buildings in that city.