Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stupidity of design. Rant Warning!

robobass wrote:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wysAAO...VN/s-l1600.jpg

I am in a metric country, but I'm sure the principal applies in North
America as well.

This is a very common socket kit here. There are many brands, many
manufacturers, all are basically the same. The box is very useful, except
for one incredible annoyance. The sockets go in 1mm increments from maybe
4 or 5 up to 14mm. No one has ever used the 14mm socket, ever. Why
wouldn't they leave it off, and use a 15mm socket in that last place
instead?

Boy, LOTS of stuff on my Honda and Toyota cars are 14mm. Oil drain plugs
come to mind, but a lot of the mid-sized body fasteners are also 14mm.

Jon