Posted to rec.woodworking

Default holy crap, high end furniture assembled with nails everywhere.

On Sun, 14 May 2017 18:33:10 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 14 May 2017 18:13:43 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

I was wrong all these years. I always thought you glued and clamped.
My wife dragged me to this high end store , in a very high end town.

A lot of the furniture was nailed together,some with the nails still
exposed, some plugged with filler.

I have to say I have never seen high end stuff nailed and with the nails
showing both on the outside where the shelves were nailed with a air
nailer and left unfilled. And the right angle corners and face frame had
the nail holes showing. this on a nice looking piece aside from this
distraction.

Another piece had nail holes filled with a non-matching filler...
Drawers were nailed together.

I saw many useless barn door sliding hardware pieces that were over
used, and they didn't roll well.

The price was high for all pieces.

So my wife wanted me to reproduce piece.. I said ****.. no problem it's
just nailed. But I think I'll add glue, and maybe drop the nails..

So you'd cheat people out of the nails they've paid for?

NEVER!!!! I'd glue a box of nails into the corner on the underside- -
- - - -