Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Dawes Alan Dawes is offline

Default what's wrong with our potatoes?

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
I'm old enough to remember the joy of new potatoes, Jersey Royals,
Cyprus new, or whatever. Now everything tastes of ****, whether it's
from Waitrose or the farmers' market. The only decent tasting spuds are
frozen mash or McCain's Simply Gorgeous chips. I've grown the most
delicious crop in builders buckets outside my back door, so what's so
bloody difficult?
And don't get me started about apples......

It always suprises me that people accept that all their other senses
deteriorate with age but then complain that food doesn't taste like it
used to. Just accept that you are getting older, your sense of taste is
less sensitive and so you need stronger flavourings to give the same
effect.

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6