Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Semi OT, drip coffee makers

On 5/13/2017 7:15 AM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 13/05/17 04:08, rickman wrote:
You can chill hot brewed coffee too. What kills it is sitting on the
heat.

Not entirely true. Sitting it on the heat mostly spoils the taste
by burning oily resins that don't get extracted in a cold brew.

What does that have to do with anything? Those components are only a
problem when overheated. In fact, some people don't care for cold
brewed coffee because it loses some of the taste they are used to. They
*like* the taste of hot brewed coffee when fresh. Cold brewed coffee
tastes almost like chocolate to me... not that I mind that...

I tried cold brewing a batch here where my water is from a well and full
of various things. It didn't turn out so well. I guess I could use
bottled water. The water isn't an issue with hot brewing.

Cold brewing is a whole different thing that produces much better coffee
to start with.

Yes. And it reheats better too.

If you say so.

--