Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Tool Descriptions

On 5/8/17 9:45 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in news

I haven't checked, but I doubt Home Depot will ship it to your house for
48 cents.

Last I knew, Home Depot has a minimum purchase amount before you get free
shipping. I think it's $35, but it might have changed. They will,
however, ship to store for free.

I'm going to give the ship to store thing a try soon, I'm just waiting for
when I know I'll be near my local store.

Puckdropper

I've used this service on occasion.

Best "result" was ordering a box of ceiling tiles (special order only).
HD had them cheaper then anyone else, free shipping to the store.

The tiles were a full box order, a bit larger than a typical office
"file" box. When I picked it up, it was saran wrapped to a mini pallet.
The pallet was completely new/unused 2'x2' with no gaps between the top
slats, oak, staples not nails, some QS boards. They gladly used a fork
lift to place the pallet and tiles into the back of my truck (total
weight of maybe 50 pounds).

I gave a 4-star review for the packaging....

-BR