Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Default Semi OT, drip coffee makers

In article ,
wrote:

So it's warmed up after cold brewing? I could handle that, make a big pot
and leave it in the frig for days. (As is I often dump 1/3 of the pot down
the sink.) I'll go read about cold brewing.

You make up the cold-brew in concentrated form... steep the ground
beans in cold water for a while, then filter. You can store the
filtered concentrate in the 'fridge for quite a while in a sealed
container. It might even freeze OK - I'm not sure.

To consume it, you dilute 1 part of the concentrate with several parts
of hot water. Balance the ratio, and the temperature to which you
pre-heat the hot water, to get the strength and temperature that you
prefer.

I don't think there's any need to microwave, stove-heat, or otherwise
warm the concentrate at all (and risk scorching it).