Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Tool Descriptions

On 5/11/2017 12:02 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2017 10:35:33 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/10/2017 1:03 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2017 11:32:57 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/9/2017 1:05 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 9 May 2017 08:26:36 -0400, Jack wrote:

Do you have a cheaper place where you can buy damned near everything?

I let my fingers do the walking... Seems most everywhere is cheaper
these days than Amazon...

I don't find that at all. Sometimes it's not a lot more expensive to
buy locally but Amazon has a much wider selection that I don't see
elsewhere.

I can't think of anything on Amazon I can't find elsewhere. Lately too
many things are 1/2 to 1/10th the price elsewhere. Even their
reasonably priced items can often be matched at a local store, and in
that case I usually buy locally.

Different strokes. Time is money too.

Exactly. So if I need it now, would be stupid to wait 4 days to get it
mailed from Amazon when a short drive to a local store will get it now,
and at 1/2 - 1/10th the price.

If I don't need it now, then I can wait until I'm going near the store
that sells the thing I don't need now, or going for something else not
sold at Amazon.

I buy online only what is not available locally. If available locally
I can USUALLY buy for less than online - unless it's something the
local guy is importing from China direct - then I can usually do
better on Flea-Bay - if I don't need it this month. Buying online from
anywhere in North America the shipping kills the deal.

True, now how can China send that part for free at their cost, and here
it is more and shipped for ridiculously more. I ordered something the
other day, shipping ranged from 9, to 29. It fit in a USPS small flat
rate box. ..... from China it would have been free. How can it be free
from China, it cost more to ship it here, than they wanted for the part?
Don't they have to pay our postal system something for delivering
(interpostal costs)?

--
Jeff