Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tool Descriptions

On Wed, 10 May 2017 18:28:08 -0400, Bill

On Tue, 9 May 2017 21:23:13 -0400, Bill

On Tue, 9 May 2017 19:07:33 -0400, Bill

On Mon, 8 May 2017 23:31:57 -0400, Bill

Free with a paint purchase at my local Sherwin Williams, the paint can/
bottle opener.
Just went there Saturday. $120 for two gallons, on sale. $170
normally. But paint stick and a bottle opener are free. ;-)
You fellows sure know a bargain... Is the paint that good? Do you still
use 2 coats?
As much work as it is to paint, I'm not about to go cheap on it. If
it's easier to put up, or lasts another year, it's worth more than
double.

And yes, I'll use two coats. One before I put the siding up and one
after it's up (probably this fall).

I've got a mini-barn to re-paint this year (tan). Any reason not to get
my paint from Menards?
If you like painting, go for it.

You would buy paint for the barn from Sherwin Williams?

I guess it depends on how long I expected to keep the barn and what I
wanted it to look like. A lot of barns don't get painted (or haven't
been in 50 years). Because it's a barn doesn't mean it less work to
paint.

About 12 feet long, no windows: I'd be surprised if it takes me 3 hours
for each coat. I'll wash it with a hose and a brush the day before.
Gosh, now, I'm almost committed! ; )

That's a shed! ;-) If the old paint just wears off, it'll be no issue
painting. If it starts blistering and peeling, scraping can be a lot
of work. I'd probably stain it rather than paint because it tends not
to blister but I'd still use decent stain.

Make sure it's *good* and dry.