Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default Swapping a Sky LNB from dual to quad

On 10/05/2017 07:39, Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/05/2017 19:47, ARW wrote:
Easy DIY job or not?

My parents have just had a load of work done (by me of course) and they
will need a quad LNB fitting.

Is it as simple as getting the ladders off the van, swapping it and then
looking on the Sky tuning menu for signal strength. Maybe a small tweak
if needed (and that can only be a rotational twist of the LNB as the
dish is already aiming in the right direction) and then you are done, or
am I being too optimistic?

It's a lot easier to replace the dish at the same time. There's very
little cost difference. Reasons are that the LNB bolts might be rusted
up and the fact that LNB holders vary.

If I get details of the LNB holder etc would you be able to tell me what
to buy (assuming I don't want to replace the dish)

If you do decide to use the same dish be aware that the quads are a bit
heavier and the arm will settle a bit lower, so an elevation adjustment
might be needed.

If you change the dish simply look down on the existing one from above
and line up the LNB arm against something on the ground (a bit of wood
or a ruler). Then set the azimuth (left-right) of the new dish so it's
the same. Then adjust the elevation (up down) for the strongest signal.
Then double check the azimuth. Use a Fringe satmeter.

http://cpc.farnell.com/fringe/uhf-signal/signal-finder-uk-tv/dp/AP02834?mckv=sUhPm3bzh_dc|pcrid|72935509697|kword| |match||plid|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-GEN-SHOPPING-FRINGE-Aerial__Satellite_Equipment-AP02834

Cheers, that and you other points are noted.

--
Adam