Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default Semi OT, drip coffee makers

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 8:18:11 PM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:59:36 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 5:47:39 AM UTC-4, Bruce Esquibel wrote:
wrote:
I brew a pot of coffee every morning.
(electric) Drip coffee makers last about 6-12 months,
before something goes bad.

It just dawned on me, what we do that is probably different is we don't
leave it running after the coffee is brewed. We always use a decanter,

Yeah that might be part of it. I leave to warmer on and they now have
timers to turn it off after 2hrs or something.

The 'gold cup' SCAA coffee standard is 45 minutes. A local restaurant
a few years ago had timers and signs, and always had great coffee,
presumably partly because they followed that rule.

Right during the week it's only on for ~10-15 minutes.
During the weekend it may be longer, but as you say the
coffee slowly goes from coffee to Java to Joe. (my terms).
You can stand the spoon up in Joe. :^)

George H.
There are brewers
that don't have a warmer at all, just brew directly into a Dewar
flask. I'm sold on that. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-Optimal-Thermal-Stainless/dp/B010SN80UK

But if you really want good coffee... read this

http://gizmodo.com/5642561/seeking-mojo-chasing-the-perfect-cup-of-coffee-through-science