Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT. Question for Diesel

On 05/09/2017 05:57 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 4:42:56 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 05/09/2017 04:00 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
\
snip
I have 6 different web browsers on this tiny Win 10 stick computer and Edge is one of them. My biggest gripe with the Edge browser is that there seems to be no way to get it to immediately switch to a new tab when I right click "open in new tab". It works in IE and my other browsers. I use Slimjet the most and switch to IE when watching Amazon Prime videos. If I need to check my meager bank account, I switch to chrome without the Browsec proxy enabled. If I try to access my account online through a proxy in Pakistan, the bank security kicks in.ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.slimjet.com/

[8~{} Uncle Edgy Monster

On my main machine which runs Linux here are the browsers I have:

Chrome
Firefox
Vivaldi
Opera
Brave Browser

On this little Win 10 stick computer I have:

Edge
IE 11
Chrome
Pale Moon
Slimjet
Tor Browser

I haven't been able to get Tor to work yet and I think it's because of the limited memory in this little stick computer. I have the optional remote but the buttons are so small it takes my 4X reading glasses for me to make out the buttons. I use an old full sized Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse instead which makes the little computer useable. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop.../p/99IC9SP0239

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideace.../dp/B01N9F8OWP

[8~{} Uncle Sticky Monster

Well, I just updated the hardware on my two main machines.

The one I use for scanning film and slides also runs Photoshop.

I have finally have a quad core CPU and 16 gigs of RAM

I also upgraded my Linux machine to a quad core with 8 gigs of ram.

Most of this was with junk I already had sitting around but I did end up
spending $100 on the 16 gigs of RAM.

My Linux machine still had an XP hard drive in it, and I stuck that
drive in a machine whose H/W will not support Win10.

I have an old slide scanner with no drivers past Vista...so I want to
keep the machine...but not very likely I will use that scanner again