Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Semi OT, drip coffee makers

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:59:36 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 5:47:39 AM UTC-4, Bruce Esquibel wrote:
wrote:
I brew a pot of coffee every morning.
(electric) Drip coffee makers last about 6-12 months,
before something goes bad.

It just dawned on me, what we do that is probably different is we don't
leave it running after the coffee is brewed. We always use a decanter,

Yeah that might be part of it. I leave to warmer on and they now have
timers to turn it off after 2hrs or something.

The 'gold cup' SCAA coffee standard is 45 minutes. A local restaurant
a few years ago had timers and signs, and always had great coffee,
presumably partly because they followed that rule. There are brewers
that don't have a warmer at all, just brew directly into a Dewar
flask. I'm sold on that. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-Optimal-Thermal-Stainless/dp/B010SN80UK

But if you really want good coffee... read this

http://gizmodo.com/5642561/seeking-mojo-chasing-the-perfect-cup-of-coffee-through-science