Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Flatten lumber

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:05:38 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 7:09:10 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have a 2 x 4' piece of underlayment lumber.

Any way to flatten it ?

Thanks,
Andy

"underlayment lumber" What's that?

When I hear "lumber", I think of a board. (2x4, 2x8, 4x4, etc) When I hear
"underlayment" I think of sheetgoods, e.g. plywood (luan, perhaps), particle
board, maybe even MDF depending on the application.

What type of product are you asking about? What are you going to do with
it/why do you need to flatten it?

A piece of luan underlayment could be "flattened" by attaching it to
a frame made of "lumber". ;-)

I want to make a small shelf with it.

Underlayment is a plywood that is 1/8 inch thick.