Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Light fixture on a dimmer does not dim, it starts flashing..?

On Tue, 9 May 2017 11:34:01 -0500, philo wrote:

I have Halogen lighting in the kitchen and the light is very good.

Obviously no problem with a dimmer as they are incandescent.

I see they now have LED replacements but a friend said the lighting
spectrum of the LED's is no where as good and can even cause depression.

I guess for the couple more $$$ I may spend on energy, I should keep them.

There usually is no "spectrum" in LED lights. They are pretty much one
color and dimming them does not change that. There is no hardware
reason why a LED could not color shift as it dims but it would require
a smart controller that tuned the color. I have not seen one like that
yet but it may be out there.