Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Semi OT, drip coffee makers

In article ,
Bruce Esquibel wrote:

I dunno which one you are using but around here, the basic "just a switch"
Mr.Coffee 12 cup is only around $15 not including tax.

At the local Walmart they're around $20.

A couple years ago, my new one stopped working. It seems that something
sticky found its way into the water reservoir and gummed-up a simple
ball valve in a rubber hose. That was easy to clean once I figured it
out.

Recently the light burned out in the on/off switch. Mr. Coffee does not
sell that switch, so you have to go looking for a replacement. I found
an NTE 54-525 at Newark Electronics for less than $2, but they wanted
$10 for shipping! I ended up buying several items to spread out the
cost of shipping. Gone are the days when you could buy such stuff in a
local store.

Fred