Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default What is cyanoacrylate accelerator for?

Mike wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 16:43:20 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Grocery/B...tor/B005H0X8OS

In my experience, superglue sets instantly, usually before you've
got the workpieces together straight, why on earth would you need to
accelerate it?

In aeromodelling, superglue is used on all sorts of materials and
there are many different types available: thick, thin, medium, low
vapour, for foam. There are also accellerators and these can be very
useful when the material has little or no moisture in it or when you
are holding the parts together wating for the glue to grab.
- Mike

Pity it wasn't around 50 or so years ago when I was flying single channel.