Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default New Light fixture on a dimmer does not dim, it starts flashing..?

In article ,
says...

Hi,
I replaced a broken ceiling light fixture with a new one from Ikea.
The fixture is on a dimmer switch.
At max power it is fine, when I slide the dimmer down, the fixture does not dim, instead it starts flashing.
Does this suggest that the fixture is not compatible with a dimmer, or is it not wired correctly? The manual says nothing about dimmers. If a fixture is not compatible with a dimmer, is there some component I can add to make it compatible?

Thanks
here's the fixtu
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40262919/

Are you using the regular old type filiment bulbs or the newer CFL or
LED type bulbs? Many of the newer ones will not work well with the
older dimmers.