Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Tool Descriptions

On 5/9/2017 6:36 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Amazon prices aren't really much better than the local stores anymore.
Sometimes they aren't as good.

Their prices, excluding shipping, should ALWAYS be better than local
stores. They have almost no overhead compared to say, Home Depot, that
has a couple thousand large stores filled with employee's, thieves and
so on. Now, they seem to be just a sales outlet for every Tom, DICK and
Harry who rip you off on price or shipping or most likely, both.

I once bought a lathe chuck from Amazon. I looked around a little
first, but trusted Amazon at the time. When I got it, turned out it was
in a Harbor Freight box. Looked up the HF number on the box, and there
it was, about $4 cheaper, but about $9 cheaper including shipping.
Still, I didn't mind too much, but that was a good while ago. Now, it
seems way too often the prices are in multiples of 2, 3 and more of what
can be easily found elsewhere. Stupid pricing really and one would be
best not trusting them at all.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com