Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jigs for scale (or just tiny) projects

On Mon, 8 May 2017 05:37:47 -0700 (PDT), Garrett Fulton
wrote:

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 12:29:18 AM UTC-4, BM2335 wrote:
On 08-May-17 8:49 AM, Garrett Fulton wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 5:08:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 9:20:52 AM UTC-4, Garrett Fulton wrote:

And with all that woodworking dust, I'm assuming there's a filter on the inlet to the venturi? That will need cleaning probably often.

Garrett

Why do you think that? In use there is essentially no flow.

Dan

It's going to evacuate the air below the piece being held. Then there will be essentially no flow into the venturi. If a guy keeps the thing well cleaned of dust every time he uses it, it probably wouldn't clog. I'm a little skeptical about it.

Have a look at 4:30 in the video where he fills it full of sawdust

https://youtu.be/pN5RqoPCCJQ

You're right. I didn't watch the entire video. I'm impressed.

Both the $60 Lee Valley job (shown) and the $565 by Festool (of
course) are quieter than the cheapie Japa-/Taiwa-/Chi-nese jobs I saw
decades ago. But it's still close to 5cfm just to run 'em. And they
have to be run to hold vacuum. 12psi? Strange figure.

--
Obstacles are those frightful things you
see when you take your eyes off your goal.