Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default OT cars; tread depth

On 5/8/2017 7:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/8/2017 4:16 AM, Micky wrote:
As I said before, my rental has more tread than the wear bars, but not
too much more.

But... If it never snows and it never rains does it matter how much
tread the tires have?

Don't race cars use slicks, for better traction?

Ever see those cars in the rain? They stop the race because they slide
all over the track. The tread is designed to channel the water away so
the tread hits the road. Thus the reason for wear bars as at that point
the tire will not work as well.

BTW, I've been traveling the past 10 days and at one stop I had a bee in
the car. Landlady was right, it can happen every 50 years or so. Got
it out before we drove off.

He used a hypothetical situation of no rain or snow. Play along.