Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tool Descriptions

On Mon, 8 May 2017 09:37:42 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 5/8/2017 9:25 AM, Jack wrote:
On 5/3/2017 9:34 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 3 May 2017 15:22:01 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER -
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert
common slotted
screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

This raises the question (to me), do they make a tool especially FOR
opening paint cans?

Sure. Paint stores used to give them away. They look like a metal
bottle opener with a curved straight blade.

https://www.amazon.com/Paint-Can-Bottle-Opener-Bulk/dp/B001VEC63I

Nice. $4 at Amazon, 48 cents at Home Depot... Seems most things I look
up at Amazon is overpriced these days, much of it WAY overpriced. I
warned my family and friends about this, and might as well warn yins all
as well. Caveat emptor!

Sadly, Amazon (with their third party sellers) seems to be going the
same route as Ebay. It used to be you could generally find great deals
on Ebay and had to work to find ripoffs. Now it seems the reverse is
true - in both venues.

I don't trust Ebay. You're dealing *directly* with who knows who.
Amazon has a tighter leash on their sellers.

Caveat Emptor indeed! There will always be anal pores out there seeking
to rip off the unwary. Of course, anyone who fails to exercise at least
some diligence in their shopping likely deserves to be fleeced.

Trust but verify.