Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BM2335 BM2335 is offline

Default Jigs for scale (or just tiny) projects

On 08-May-17 8:49 AM, Garrett Fulton wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 5:08:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 9:20:52 AM UTC-4, Garrett Fulton wrote:

And with all that woodworking dust, I'm assuming there's a filter on the inlet to the venturi? That will need cleaning probably often.

Garrett

Why do you think that? In use there is essentially no flow.

Dan

It's going to evacuate the air below the piece being held. Then there will be essentially no flow into the venturi. If a guy keeps the thing well cleaned of dust every time he uses it, it probably wouldn't clog. I'm a little skeptical about it.

Have a look at 4:30 in the video where he fills it full of sawdust

https://youtu.be/pN5RqoPCCJQ