Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Electric saw on a pole for pruning trees

On Sat, 6 May 2017 19:38:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a few dead branches in one of my 50-year old maple trees. Rather than climbing up on a very tall ladder to access the branches, I am thinking about renting an electric saw on a pole to do the job.

I am fairly handy and always do my own tree stuff, but this would be a new experience for me and I am looking for some ideas and thoughts from the folks here who maybe have used such a tool.

Polite comments please.

Given my rather's, I'll take a hydraulic operated saw over electric
but those are owned by a tree service on a bucket truck.

Snow broke down a tree years ago, I cut it further with a chain saw.
Took a 10 ton truck to pull the stump out (8" dia. trunk) with a wild
root system -- close to my water line at the street so a grinder
may/could have done damaged to the pipe (s).

Big trucks, big tools :-)