Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Electric saw on a pole for pruning trees

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 07 May 2017, slate_leeper wrote:

I've been using a Black & Decker 18v model. I guess the new ones are
"20" volt. Anyhow, compared to using the Fiskar manual blade, this
thing was a lifesaver. Much more work in the same amount of time, and
a lot less tiring. I got mine from Amazon.

This one looks kind of neat:
https://www.amazon.com/EcoPro-Tools-.../dp/B01066ZJ1C

No reviews yet, so I presume it is a new model.

I bought one of the 120 volt AC pole saws. I think it is a Remington.
The saw will come off if I want to use it without the pole. Works well.
My problem is that if I extend it out all the weight makes it hard for
me to hold. I am not sure how it would work, but I think a handle
sticking down about 2 or 3 feet from the end with a switch on it would
make it easier to use.

I later bought one of the Harbor Freight $ 88 generators to use it when
I was away from the house. That works out well except I am almost wore
out by the time I get that generator started. The little generator has
a reputation of being hard to start. I even changed to a 'quality'
spark plug as recommended on one of the Youtube videos.

Do buy some kind of eye protection that wraps around your eyes so the
wood chips don't get in the eyes.