Dave Hinz

Default FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:21:26 -0400, Jay Pique wrote:
On 29 Jul 2004 22:07:22 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Why bring it up then, Chris?

It's spam. I personally don't care, but it is spam. Why don't you
give the guy a break. Lord knows you of all people should be a little
compassionate.

Me of all people? Where are you going with _that_, Jay? Might this
have something to do with the email filtering service that I subscribe to?

There is a great deal of difference between "Hi, you don't know me,
buy my crap", and a regular, helpful individual telling a group he
actively helps that a product they're interested in is available.

What's the accepted helpful post to spam ratio by which we should rate
people?

Apparently, Mr. Knight's ratio is beyond that, by the looks of the group.
Someone's analysis showed his ratio is 50:1 or 500:1 or something. Not
a lot of people are 50 parts signal to 1 part noise.

And that it is bad edict.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

No points - already been brought up.

It's a humerous reference to a line used in a movie, inserted to keep
things to get too heavy.

For sale ad from non-contributor: unwelcome

Spam.

Right.

For sale ad from participating, helpful, knowledgeable member of group: OK

Spam.

Apparently your personal opinion is counter to the group concensus here.

Better now?

Are you? The rules are there are no rules. Maybe we should all shun
him now?

Which "him"? You can killfile anyone you want, that's the beauty of
a well-written newsreading app.

By the way, have you read the rec.woodworking charter, specifically
how advertisements are handled in that document?

Dave Hinz