Posted to alt.home.repair
slate_leeper slate_leeper is offline

Default Electric saw on a pole for pruning trees

On Sat, 6 May 2017 19:38:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a few dead branches in one of my 50-year old maple trees. Rather than climbing up on a very tall ladder to access the branches, I am thinking about renting an electric saw on a pole to do the job.

I am fairly handy and always do my own tree stuff, but this would be a new experience for me and I am looking for some ideas and thoughts from the folks here who maybe have used such a tool.

Polite comments please.

I've been using a Black & Decker 18v model. I guess the new ones are
"20" volt. Anyhow, compared to using the Fiskar manual blade, this
thing was a lifesaver. Much more work in the same amount of time, and
a lot less tiring. I got mine from Amazon.

My Amazon reviews:

B&D:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...JM8&pldnSite=1

Fiskar: