Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT bank notification of debit card use, continued

On 05/07/2017 2:27 AM, Micky wrote:
On Fri, 05 May 2017 09:06:30 -0500, wrote:

Well, even if he were, it's a franchise operation. The net is I am
certain he has no say in corporate policy regarding the amount set for
coverage on at-pump sales.

I'm going to go to another of their stations to see if it's the same.

But tomorrow I'm going to call them.

I think you're worrying about the wrong thing entirely.

The vendor is going to make the transaction by whatever rule they have
for covering driveoffs/lack of funds/whatever; arguing with them will
get you nowhere.

As noted elsewhere, the large charge, while real on a debit card, will
clear in seconds/minutes resulting in the final net charge on the
monthly bill.

When you get the text and you know you just made a transaction, you can
pretty-much ignore it as you are in possession of the card and using it
at the time. What the service does is alert you if something else
happens on that account and you've _not_ made that transaction; then
"Houston, we have a problem!"

That it would be nice if BOA would reprogram their 'bot to be a little
smarter and cut down on the noise would be _a_good_thing_(tm), but
again, while there's just a tiny bit larger probability than zero that
might happen, making the customer satisfaction complaint/suggestion
can't hurt. Perhaps enough others will as well will get some attention
but BOA is, if anything, not into retail customer services much so
wouldn't hold out much hope in that regards.

There are some other monitoring services that purport to be more
intelligent in their notifications; not sure if they suffer the same
issues regarding debit card charges such as this or not; as said
elsewhere, I don't have any DCs owing to what I see as high(er) risk not
needed to be taken vis a vis CCs so have no data.