Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Electric saw on a pole for pruning trees

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 12:12:17 AM UTC-4, danny burstein wrote:
In writes:

Had sim concerns. My Fiskar pole pruner blade dulled, and all the blades I
got from Amazon weren't exactly the same. I get quotes of five grand per
tree for pros to cut or trim.

FOund that in 1960s they proposed using lasers for pruning. I guess you
could get a laser for $100 and put it on a pole, provided the cord doesn't
exacerbate things. It's time for some innovation here.

the GM "Futurama" exhibit at the Queens World's Fair
in 1964/65 had a diorama type exhibit portraying
lasers yes, cutting trees...

I grew up 1 block away from the 64/65 Worlld's Fair.

For 2 years prior to the opening I listened to them pound piles into the swamps of what is
now Flushing Meadows Park so they could build the exhibits.

We got our revenge by spending the next 2 years sneaking into the fair through holes we
cut in the fence.

Years later I worked I worked in the park, driving a "train" that took people from the
boat house to the zoo and Shea Stafium, home of the Mets.

*whew*, I remember that from five decades ago
but what did I have for breakfast?