Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jackie Trades Jackie Trades is offline

Default Jigs for scale (or just tiny) projects

I work in a number of mediums from metal and wood to clay and paints but what ever I am doing it is always SMALL. In 1:12 scale to be precise. I am also a stickler for accuracy and detail to achieve realism. To this end I am looking for ANY jigs or holders etc that would help me with making (and reproducing) small items. I can totally take a jig from woodworking and adapt it to the items I make in metal so that's not an issue...no need to point to wood magazine jigs as I have collected a variety of those types already.

In particular I am trying to modify all my tools whether full size or mini, to adapt to my Byrnes Miniaturists Table saw mitre table attachment, for accuracy. right now I'm trying to figure out how to attach it to my delta disc and mini band sander (on the disc side) effectively...Ive removed the disc housing since I made a set of removable discs in a variety of grits so I can quickly swap them out rather than peel off paper that is only partially used up! If anyone is interested in those mods to use for your full sized items or as a sharpening system..I'm willing to share!

Thanks for any replies and for the new add to this group.

sincerely,
Jackie