Posted to alt.home.repair
David B.[_4_] David B.[_4_] is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

On 05/05/2017 18:09, philo wrote:
On 05/05/2017 08:36 AM, David B. wrote:

snip

I really enjoy your tales of woe, Philo! ;-)

I KNOW you are honest .. but have you REALLY got a degree in Psychology?

Yes, but it's just a Bachelor's degree, I am not a shrink.

I know quite a few and they really are crazy.

My history is this:

In 1967 I started out at Milwaukee School of Engineering and majored in EE.

I was a pretty well behaved kid but in college spent too much time
drinking and socializing. The US Army drafted me in 1969 on the grounds
that I was not a serious student. I started an appeal but then decided
to just get it over with and go into the Army.

I got very interested in Psychology and when I got out I enrolled in the
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee and decided to get a degree in
Psychology which I did. I then realized that a Bachelor's degree would
get me no where and I was not PHD material.

Since I was a veteran and entitled to five years of college under the GI
bill, I stayed in school and completed the requirements for a degree in
EE...or least I thought I did.

There were four courses from MSOE that did not transfer and I would have
had to re-take them or the UWM equivalent...but by that time the GI bill
had run out and I needed a job.

I had no trouble getting a job as a tech at a small company and they
said they would pay for my college .

Though over the next four years I did take more classes, I got more of
an education on the job. My boss was a former aerospace engineer and was
on the Apollo design team and gave me a better training than I would
have gotten in school.

Eventually they gave me the service engineer based on experience and I
never did get the degree.

BTW: Why was a former aerospace engineer working for a battery company?

This was before we were bought out and became a large multi-national
corporation.

My boss's brother was one of the owners of the company and gave him a
gravy job. Once the moon launch was achieved, thousands of engineers
lost their jobs and he was just happy to be employed again/

Whatever, it's good to have you as a friend! :-D

--
The only people who make a difference are the people who believe they can.