Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

On Fri, 5 May 2017 14:41:06 +0100, "David B."
wrote:

On 05/05/2017 11:12, philo wrote:
I have probably repaired more machines that you have...I don't know...
but I literally have repaired or built thousands of machines.
I've been doing this for about 17 years and at one time had two or three
machines on the the bench at a time.

Now you are just teasing the poor boy! ;-)

At one time I had upwards of 30 systems on my bench at one time.
We shipped sometimes 150 a week. Thankfully while I was with the
company we didn't have to repair too many (well, one is too many when
you put a 3 year warranty on the systems (we are talking 25 years ago)
-
I used to do some "board level" repairs back in the day when it
actually made sense (and dollars) to do that.I wouldn't attempt it
today (for one thing my eyes are not up to it any more - and second,
I've likely forgotten more than a lot of guys today know.)