Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default OT bank notification of debit card use, continued

On 5/4/2017 9:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

When you use a debit card in a gas station they do no know how much you
are going to pump. They put a hold on $XXX.xx in case you are going to
fill up a truck or camper. Once the actual charge comes through, they
adjust to the actual amount.

Yes, same deal. That is why it is not good to use a debit card for gas
stations and car rentals. They can tie up your funds for a while.

I had the same thing happen with a hotel, they reserve some amount
of money in case you charge things to the room or steal the towels,
whatever.

Of course, that was a credit card in my case. The pending charge
disappeared after a few days.

nancy