Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

philo news 2017 20:34:07 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

I did not try that but to make things clear, the mobo I had
specifically did not have USB-2 or USB-3 drivers.

Which means likely didn't have hardware for those type of ports present
on it. Which means, no drivers. I use the word likely intentionally,
btw. I have seen boards that infact did have the required hardware,
but, at the time of shipment, didn't have drivers for the newer stuff
and resorted to older drivers, instead. Better to have slower running
ports than dead ones, right?

That's hands on experience for you. *shrug*

I did put in a PCIe card with Win7 drivers, so that would have
been a good work-around but decided to just go with Win10...
not a big deal and I built the machine more for experimenting with
Win10 than anything else. I may just end up selling the machine
for cost.

Atleast let them know it has Windows 10 already installed, if you're
going to sell it that way. It would be nice of you to explain the
pitfalls of using Windows 10, as well. But, I can understand if you'd
rather not tell them. It's like being super honest with a used car you
want to sell.