Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

philo news May 2017 20:38:50 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Never once had a BSOD and when I'd import XP drivers into Win2k
never a BSOD their either, but occasionally I'd have one that did
not work either

Alas, our experience differs by a wide margin too. You seem to be a
bit of a hobbyist. When you've serviced thousands of 'modern'
machines, get back to me.

[snip]

As I have stated on other posts my main OS is Linux.

Why might that be?

The main reason I was using Windows at all was to support the film
scanning function of my scanner. The utility provided by Epson
works absolutely great and the Linux drivers for the film scanning
function have more limitations.

I see...So why aren't you a Windows fanboy?

I could have purchased View Scan I suppose, but why spent money ?

Depends on your needs, I suppose.

One of the rare cases where using Windows was less expensive than
Linux