Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OT bank notification of debit card use, continued

Micky
Thu, 04 May 2017
21:24:22 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

First, is there a newsgroup that specializes in banking, or
commerce, or business, or anything for which this would be
on-topic? And where people might know the answer to what I
think is a very strange question?

I answered your original question awhile ago...

And you may remember my complaining about being charged $110 for a
car that only holds 10 gallons of gasoline, when every other gas
station charged between 50 and 57. Did I mention that the
overcharge happened twice, 110.19 and 109.74.

Yep. So, how long did you have to wait to get a new card? Since you
had the pin changed...Or, did you go in a local branch and fix it?

But by the time I got back, it was after 5, so I called the bank
in the US.

I feel for the person who took that call. I really do.

I didnt' believe that, but I looked at the online monthly
statement, and by golly it was true. What's going on? Why are
they sending me emails saying I paid much more money than I did?

Your monthly statement is the only one you need to be concerned with.
And, it's not your actual transaction history, but, I already covered
this.

And what is the relationship?. The first one is 2.46 times the
real charge, but the second is 3.19 times the real charge!!

I suspect i'd be wasting my time explaining what happened. based on
prior post to you. that, as far as I can tell, you didn't respond to.

Now I have to go look at all the other gas station emails and
compare them with the monthly statement , and with the receipt
fromn the gas station.

Why? You have your monthly statement, right? That's what you *should*
be going by.