Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

Terry Coombs news 04 May 2017 20:29:03 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Exactly what do you recommend then ?

Do whatever pleases you. I have no right to tell you how to use your
computer. Sure, I can offer advice, but, if you won't put it to good
use, what's the point. At the end of the day, it's not my computer.

You criticized me for installing Win7

Not exactly. I commented on the money you were wasting, because, you
were only delaying the inevitable. MS doesn't want you running
anything other than Windows 10. They've already taken drastic steps
to make life difficult for previous flavors of Windows, depending on
the hardware you're running. I predict, that's going to get more
interesting as time passes, too. At some point, the sheeple who went
for Windows 10 will find out a subscription service was in the works
the entire time. You'll likely have two choices. Pay a fee, every so
often, or accept advertising as some have already experienced on
Windows 10. MS isn't in the business of free software. Somebodies
gotta cover those salaries.

And since the PC market isn't what it used to be, the sheeple will be
picking up the slack.

you don't like 10

No, I don't. For reasons I've already stated. So, no point in
rehashing them.

what are we all supposed to do , jump over to Linux OS's ?

Nope. Linux isn't for everyone. As I said, do whatever pleases you.
Don't worry about the consequences, You're destined to learn all
about them, later on. The hard way.