Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

On Thu, 04 May 2017 16:43:44 -0400, wrote:

You have to remember, if it's not on the compatability list IT'S NOT
COMPATIBLE - and trying to use an OEM disc from another machine is NOT
going to work, and non-standard hardware is always a crapshoot. I've
installed Win10 as an upgrade on 15 different machines - including a
totally non-supported Acer Aspire One ZG5 with NO DIFFICULTIES at all.
Everything works on every machine - it was as easy as falling off a
bicycle.
Is Windows 10 all it could be? Of course not - but as the updates
keep coming it keeps getting better.
For my use it's a heck of a lotsimpler than Linux, and I don't care to
have to learn the insane Apple OS

Any recent good quality mobo supports recent Windows and Linux.
I went with ASUS for my last 5-6 builds, but that's just personal
preference based on my experience with them.
Others I've used are Gigabyte, Intel, Micronics, Abit, blah, blah.
All were good.
I've had no issues with Windows 10.
Having driver problems just means you're dealing with antiquated
peripherals. This stuff is so cheap nowadays it shouldn't be an
issue.
The jump from 16-bit to 32-bit software was a bigger issue. Mainly
because of bad or no data conversion software. Sometimes it was
tedious to do.