Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

On Thu, 4 May 2017 17:38:16 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 5/4/2017 3:58 PM, philo wrote:
On 05/04/2017 03:45 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 4 May 2017 15:29:03 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Sure, why not. Those who don't know any better are installing Win10
like good sheeple.

Exactly what do you recommend then ? You criticized me for installing
Win7 , you don't like 10 , what are we all supposed to do , jump over
to Linux OS's ?

**** him. I do as I please and don't need advice from a do-gooder
bleeding heart liberal that thinks their way is the only way. If he
don't like it he can kiss my ass by cracky.

Yep!!!!

It's not that I care about his opinion , I just wonder where he
stands . I now have 7 Pro/64 bit on 3 comps and am running XP Pro/64 bit
on this desktop . My laptop is still running 32 bit XP Pro , and won't
change , it's too old . The older HP that will go to the grandson is now
running Vista Ultimate/64 bit but may get that last 7 Pro/64 license I
bought . I'm not sure it'll run it and still haven't decided whether to
try . Now that the replacement motherboard (got a bad one , a rare
occurence as I understand it) is installed and running (apparently)
bug-free in the shopcomp , I can get this little intranet of mine sorted
out and everything where it belongs .

Just as soon as I get back from putting a new roof on my house in
Memphis ... ain't looking forward to that job .

Anything that will run Vista will run 7. Getting bad motherboards is
not that rare an occurence - I've had enough bad ones that I won't
waste my time building computers any more.