Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

On 5/4/2017 3:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It's not that I care about his opinion , I just wonder where he
stands . I now have 7 Pro/64 bit on 3 comps and am running XP Pro/64 bit
on this desktop . My laptop is still running 32 bit XP Pro , and won't
change , it's too old . The older HP that will go to the grandson is now
running Vista Ultimate/64 bit but may get that last 7 Pro/64 license I
bought . I'm not sure it'll run it and still haven't decided whether to
try . Now that the replacement motherboard (got a bad one , a rare
occurence as I understand it) is installed and running (apparently)
bug-free in the shopcomp , I can get this little intranet of mine sorted
out and everything where it belongs .

I thought Vista with all the service packs was fine.
Only reason I updated to 7 was because they artificially limited
WMC to two tuners, and I needed four.