Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve[_79_] Steve[_79_] is offline

Default Tool Descriptions

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:49:27 PM UTC-4, Larry Kraus wrote:
On 5/3/2017 3:22 PM, Bill wrote:
Spalted Walt wrote:
STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER -
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common
slotted
screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

This raises the question (to me), do they make a tool especially FOR
opening paint cans?
As a youngster, my dad taught me to use the screwdriver with golden
handle that already had paint all over it (maybe after my indiscriminate
use of other ones..). At least he let me have free rein--my primary
guidance was not to flip the switch on the table saw.

If I'm painting (or doing most anything else around the house) I have a
5-in-1 tool handy. The handle provides plenty of leverage, the square
corner fits easily under a can lid to pop it without chewing it up.

http://www.ronhazelton.com/tips/how_..._painting_tool

I like to keep the two beveled edges and the point quite sharp.

+1 for the Five in One. Can't live without it when painting/prepping-- I also keep one in my 'general' tool box and it tends to be in my pocket on most jobs, regardless of whether I'm finishing or tinkering.

On the other hand, the alleged "paint can opener" is only good for the church key!

Slainte.