Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tool Descriptions

On Wed, 3 May 2017 15:22:01 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER -
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted
screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

This raises the question (to me), do they make a tool especially FOR
opening paint cans?

Sure. Paint stores used to give them away. They look like a metal
bottle opener with a curved straight blade.

https://www.amazon.com/Paint-Can-Bottle-Opener-Bulk/dp/B001VEC63I

As a youngster, my dad taught me to use the screwdriver with golden
handle that already had paint all over it (maybe after my indiscriminate
use of other ones..). At least he let me have free rein--my primary
guidance was not to flip the switch on the table saw.

That's usually what I use. I can never find the openers. ;-)