Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tool Descriptions

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:05:47 PM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:

WIRE WHEEL - Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under
the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and
hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh
****'. Will easily wind a tee shirt off your back.

I always seem to see a lot of these, and amazingly, they all seem to be a little different. And as someone that uses tools for a living, I laugh out loud at how true these things can be.

A couple of months ago I chucked up a stiff wire wheel to clean heavy rust of a couple of tools that were out in the rain, then spent a month in the rain. Leaning over to really mash hard on teh drill, my shirt drooped over the drill/wheel, and it almost pulled my shirt off! As it was, it took a wad of shirt that was about 10" across completely off the shirt.

Had to listen to it all day long. "Hey Robert. you want me to do that? Next time you might not get out of the way" and "Robert, if you need me to help you figure out how that operation works, let me know... I am available for drill lessons" etc. For me, I was a little stunned, a little surprised, and a lot embarrassed! (Did I mention I had to hear about the hole in my shirt and re-tell the tale all day long?)

THE TELEPHONE - TO CALL SOMEONE TO DO THE WORK.

I have several clients that have come to that realization. God bless 'em!

Robert