Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Unable to remove Moen faucet cap

On 5/3/2017 2:14 PM, Karl Anderson wrote:
replying to buddygenki, Karl Anderson wrote:
I feel your pain! I am also trying to replace a Moen cartridge and
there is
absolutely no gap for a person to insert an object to pry out the cap!
This
is ridiculous!

The caps can take some fiddling with. For the cartridges you can buy a
puller. Few years ago I hired a plumber when 3 small jobs needed doing.
One was the ~40 year old cartridge to be pulled from Moen in shower.
Year before I had pulled one of similar age from the bathtub and luckily
did not break anything using locking pliers and a hammer.