Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Computer problem solved

On 05/01/2017 02:51 PM, Diesel wrote:
philo news May 2017 15:27:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

snip

Yes, it was nothing critical, just the need to fool with something
for the heck of it. Even if I would have repaired the mobo,
withing having replaced all the caps I never would have trusted
it.

There's ways, you know, using software to do a 'burn in' test on the
board to determine if it's stable.

With Win7, by the time I installed the OS, the updates and the software
the machine usually got at least 16 hours of use.

I'd start the update process before going to bed and let it run all night.

I am aware of stress testing but have only had one mobo die within a
month after returning it to a customer.