Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
PAS PAS is offline

Default Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn'talready on Android?

On 4/30/2017 1:46 AM, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Bill W suggested:

I don't think functions are the claimed difference. I've always heard
claims of superior image quality. I have no knowledge of that either
way.

To that end, here is a scientific assessment of the "image & video quality"
pf Apple iOS and Android devices based on a reference kindly supplied today
by user "android" in this thread:

https://www.dxomark.com
"DxO has extensively analyzed the image and video quality of
over 9,000 cameras, lenses and mobile phones. These analyses
are used by top camera manufacturers, media and help power
DxO software. DxOMark provides free public access to these
results to help guide your camera and lens decisions."

89
- Google Pixel
88
- HTC 10
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Sony Xperia X Performance
87
- Huawei P10
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Sony Xperia XZ
- Sony Xperia Z5
86
- Apple iPhone 7
- LG G5
- Samsung Galaxy Note V
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
85
- Huawei Mate 9
- LG V20
84
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Google Nexus 6P
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto G Plus
- Moto Droid Turbo 2
83
- LG G4
- Moto X Style
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
82
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Priv
- Sony Xperia Z3+
- TCL 950
81
- Nextbit Robin
80
- Huawei P9
79
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Sony Xperia M5
- Sony Xperia Z3
- Sony Xperia Z2
- Xiaomi Mi 5
78
- Google Nexus 6
- HTC One A9
- Xiaomi Mi 5SPlus
77
- Nokia 808 Pureview
- Nubia Z11
76
- Apple iPhone 5S
- OnePlus 2
- Sony Xperia Z1
75
- Samsung Galaxy S4
74
- Huawei P8
- Meizu Pro 6
- Nokia Lumia 1020
73
- LG G2
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Qiku Q Terra
72
- Apple iPhone 5
- Apple iPhone 4S
- Samsung Note II
- Samsung Galaxy S3
70
- GoPro HERO3
69
- Amazon Firephone
- HTC ONE M9
68
- HTC ONE M8
67
- BlackBerry Z10
66
- HTC 8X
- Nokia Lumia 920
61
- Sony Xperia Z
59
- Apple New iPad
57
- Samsung Galaxy S2
50
- Apple iPhone 4

REFERENCE: https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

Highest Android sco 89. Highest iPhone sco 86. A virtual tie.
Do you honestly think you could see any real difference in an actual
photo using the two phones?