Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Computer problem solved

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4:58:40 AM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
Uncle Monster
Mon, 01
May 2017 03:38:49 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...FVg9gQodV1gP6Q

Dang that brings back a lot of memories! I was buying a lot of
parts from MCM in the late 1970's and into the 80's. I used to
pour over the catalog like it was a toy catalog but there were
numerous electronics parts stores in town at the time. I'm not
sure how many stores have survived but there are still a few
around. Good grief I remember what I had to go through to do mail
order. The Internet was SciFi back then. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

*drool* same here! but, I started in the 80s. [g] I wasn't doing
much in the 70s, considering I was born two years prior to the end
of that decade. Which, imho, made a lot of great music! They got a
pile of my allowance and other monies acquired from various repairs
I described in a long post. [g] A super sized 'word wall' to you, no
doubt.
--

Life stories take a word wall. Me and my brother got in trouble for disassembling electronics and everything else when we were little kids. Darn I wish PC's existed when I was a kid because I'd be Dr.Evil by now. Me and my brother hung out at the college computer center for a while in the mid 1960's when we were teens. We were learning Fortran and Basic at the time but since we were 2 of 9 children our parents couldn't afford to get us to classes in computer programming because we were living in a rural area too far away to get to the local junior college via bicycle. In the mid 1960's the University of Alabama was retiring the UNIVAC 1100 series in favor of an IBM 360/50 RAX(Remote Access) system with terminals around campus. We were there for a while when our mother was working on one of he her degrees. UA is 150 miles from the family farm. It would take a word wall of China to describe what we were up to in our childhood.

The time for someone to get into coding is when they are kids. The leaders of the USSR knew that which is why Bulgaria was training computer programmers when they were children. Do you remember Bulgarian hackers? Unfortunately, when I was a young man, I had no time to play with computers because I was too busy making a living and struggling to survive. It was only later that I got my hands on second hand PC's and even later that I started assembling my own. Now I'm covered up with computers. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Frustrated Monster