Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] edhuntress2@gmail.com is offline

Default Crikey!

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2

Why, maybe he does own those properties?

He doesn't. I've established that by looking up the deeds at the
assessor's on-line site for every property on the block. Wieber does
not own the lots, and he has admitted to as much. He's claimed, lamely,
to be buying some of them on supposed "land contracts", but no one
believes that. Wieber is a dummy who didn't have an operating motor
vehicle for weeks, which meant he couldn't get to any potential work.
He has no money. He isn't buying the properties on "land contracts".
That's settled.

Or perhaps their owners alsoare "boat collectors"?

They are Commodore Wieber's flotilla. Cut the crap.

I have one such boat also. A power boat. Amusingly, it is a Celebrity
21 boat, which is the same type of boat that I owned 15 years ago. I
bought it on a whim for $300 as it was in a poor condition.

I bought it 3 years ago for $300. Sold it almost immediately for $400
to a UPS guy who wanted to own a boat. The UPS guy said that he will
pick up the boat in a week or two. A year later he still did not pick
up and I moved the boat to another (temporarily defunct) business
across the parking lot. It sat there for a few more months.

UPS guy was having "temporary difficulties" getting the boat moved,
until the rotten tires of the trailer disintegrated completely.

Fast forward, a few months after that he was asked by the land owner
to have the boat moved. At this point he asked me if I would take the
boat back for free.

I said yes and the boat is now sitting in my warehouse yard , waiting
to be parted out. I think that it has a good motor, a mercuiser with
outdrive.

FWIW, out here, where boats of that size are used almost exclusively in salt water, Celetrities are considered to be "fresh-water boats." They have chronic problems with corrosion of electrical contacts and other problems standing up to salt water.

I realize that's not an issue for you, but it says something about their overall attention to quality.

The boat that I owned a while ago, was a GREAT boat, extremely heavy
and heavy duty.

Well, you got a good one. Bombardier sold them around 2000 or so, and the later ones are not well regarded around here.

--
Ed Huntress