Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Crikey!

Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Rudy seems really concerned with what is happening hundreds of miles away from him.

But not concerned with complying with the charter of Rec.Crafts.Metalworking.

Those who can , do. Those that can't , well no one cares about them.

Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to a bit of 1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I drilled a hole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all thread to make a comfortable handle.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Friday, Rudy Canoza impotently whined:

Those who can , do. Those that can't , well no one cares about
them.

Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to a bit of
1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I
drilled a hole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all
thread to make a comfortable handle.

Dan

I got as far as saving a nice maple sapling for the handle and digging
through the steel rack for the rod, then decided this is a better
project to buy instead of build. Anything jabbed into the ground
here -will- hit a rock.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 3:43:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Rudy seems really concerned with what is happening hundreds of miles away from him.

But not concerned with complying with the charter of Rec.Crafts.Metalworking.

Those who can , do. Those that can't , well no one cares about them.

Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to a bit of 1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I drilled a hole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all thread to make a comfortable handle.

Dan

Why are you cutting dandelion roots? Unless you dig the whole thing out, you're just inviting it to grow back.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 6:34:48 PM UTC-4, Intervention wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:23:51 -0700, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:43:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Rudy seems really concerned with what is happening hundreds of miles away from him.

But not concerned with complying with the charter of Rec.Crafts.Metalworking.

Huh. I take it the charter allows crackpot politics, bald faced lies,
great culls and cull lists, and elaborate death threats. Because if it
didn't allow those things, then you'd be complaining about them being
posted here, right?

Those who can , do.

The problem with that old chestnut is that it sounds too much like
what it is - doodoo.

Those that

I enjoy writing like that on purpose when I'm parodying Wieber.

can't , well no one cares about them.

LOL You cared enough to type out a poorly reasoned, ill considered,
weak and whiney complaint.

Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to a bit of 1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I drilled a hole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all thread to make a comfortable handle.

I didn't think my current project was even worth mentioning, but it's
dramatically more interesting than a crude dandelion torture (not
kill) dagger. I'm going to write it up and post it somewhere a Wieber
toady would get the bum's rush.

BTW, have you done all your prepping for the death convoy tomorrow?
Not much time left! Best not to be late unless you're bringing your
own equipment, like this. http://tinyurl.com/kma8enu

sigh Another illustration of why editors are useful:

"If youre thinking about installing a composting toilet or sawdust toilet, theres a few things you should know about before you jump in..."

Don't expect ME to jump into that thing, pard'...

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The writer also refers to "toilet tourists." Sounds like something the
Amazing Wieber might call himself when he's staying at Hotel
Econoline. Or maybe even when he's at home but has used up his daily
allotment of flushes.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 5:34:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Why are you cutting dandelion roots? Unless you dig the whole thing out, you're just inviting it to grow back.

--
Ed Huntress

These are dandelions that have been sprayed with weed killer and are looking sickly. So I do not think they will be growing back. I am cutting the roots and pulling the leaves and blossoms so the lawn looks better.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 5:17:43 PM

I got as far as saving a nice maple sapling for the handle and digging
through the steel rack for the rod, then decided this is a better
project to buy instead of build. Anything jabbed into the ground
here -will- hit a rock.
-jsw

This kind of started out trying to use a little induction heater module from china for silver soldering. But I think I blew one of the IGBT's. So I just used a propane torch. Will get back to the module when the IGBT's I ordered arrive.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rudy seems really concerned with what is happening
hundreds of miles away from him.

But not concerned with complying with the charter of
Rec.Crafts.Metalworking.

Those who can , do. Those that can't , well no one cares
about them.

Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to
a bit of 1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting
dandelion roots. I drilled a hole in a golf ball and
stuck the golf ball onto the all thread to make a
comfortable handle.

Dan

Golf balls make good file handles too. ;)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2

Why, maybe he does own those properties? Or perhaps their owners also
are "boat collectors"?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8:39:37 PM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:

Golf balls make good file handles too. ;)

I forget who suggested golf balls as file handles. Maybe it was you. Anyway thanks to whoever suggested it.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2

Why, maybe he does own those properties?

He doesn't. I've established that by looking up the deeds at the
assessor's on-line site for every property on the block. Wieber does
not own the lots, and he has admitted to as much. He's claimed, lamely,
to be buying some of them on supposed "land contracts", but no one
believes that. Wieber is a dummy who didn't have an operating motor
vehicle for weeks, which meant he couldn't get to any potential work.
He has no money. He isn't buying the properties on "land contracts".
That's settled.

Or perhaps their owners alsoare "boat collectors"?

They are Commodore Wieber's flotilla. Cut the crap.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

I have one such boat also. A power boat. Amusingly, it is a Celebrity
21 boat, which is the same type of boat that I owned 15 years ago. I
bought it on a whim for $300 as it was in a poor condition.

I bought it 3 years ago for $300. Sold it almost immediately for $400
to a UPS guy who wanted to own a boat. The UPS guy said that he will
pick up the boat in a week or two. A year later he still did not pick
up and I moved the boat to another (temporarily defunct) business
across the parking lot. It sat there for a few more months.

UPS guy was having "temporary difficulties" getting the boat moved,
until the rotten tires of the trailer disintegrated completely.

Fast forward, a few months after that he was asked by the land owner
to have the boat moved. At this point he asked me if I would take the
boat back for free.

I said yes and the boat is now sitting in my warehouse yard , waiting
to be parted out. I think that it has a good motor, a mercuiser with
outdrive.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:17:40 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, Rudy Canoza impotently whined:

Those who can , do. Those that can't , well no one cares about
them.

Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to a bit of
1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I
drilled a hole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all
thread to make a comfortable handle.

Dan

I got as far as saving a nice maple sapling for the handle and digging
through the steel rack for the rod, then decided this is a better
project to buy instead of build. Anything jabbed into the ground
here -will- hit a rock.

Maple will be nice for a push tool, but forget it for prying tools.
If you wrap a couple winds of baling wire at the bottom end (unless
you go with a socket) it will help for small amounts of prying. For
large socketed prying tools, you really want hickory or elm for the
strength and interlocking grain. Elm was ALWAYS used for wagon wheel
hubs and spokes for that very reason. The Eric Sloane books
(especially A Reverence for Wood) spoke a bit about that, but George
Sturt's The Wheelwright's Shop covered it in detail. All excellent
books, BTW.

We have about 30% river rock here, combined with nice, rich, fluffy,
heavily composted soil around here. I resorted to using a rubber
mallet when installing landscape fabric staples, and sometimes had to
move the thing half a dozen times to find 6" of rock-free soil. When I
was doing lots of fencing for a couple years, I invested in an HF post
auger. With the 6" bit, it would routinely bring up half a dozen
fist-sized river rocks with the 18-24" of dirt from each hole. That
was absolute hell with a clamshell digger, so the auger was dearly
loved from the first hole on. Besides, my arms couldn't take more
than a dozen clamshell-dug holes in a week. Shovels were easier, but
that post-hole digging is the pits.

--
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they
are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:14:48 -0500, Ignoramus27792

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2

Why, maybe he does own those properties? Or perhaps their owners also
are "boat collectors"?

That Olive address is a Machine Tool Sanctuary, guys. Pay due homage
to it. The owner is a good friend of mine.

--
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they
are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.
--Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

The Recycling Force is strong in this one.

--
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they
are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.
--Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

FWIW, out here, where boats of that size are used almost exclusively in salt water, Celetrities are considered to be "fresh-water boats." They have chronic problems with corrosion of electrical contacts and other problems standing up to salt water.

I realize that's not an issue for you, but it says something about their overall attention to quality.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got as far as saving a nice maple sapling for the handle ...

Maple will be nice for a push tool, but forget it for prying tools.

The hardwoods in my back lot are maple and red oak. When I slabbed the
red oak logs square I salvaged whatever random sizes I could as
rectangular strips and thin planks which have been useful, but they
don't create the look of hand-forged iron.with a debarked sapling
handle.

Freeing the rocks in a post hole here requires serious iron like a
digging or San Angelo bar. One of my neighbors borrowed a Cat 316 from
work to clear and level a back yard and it was barely big enough.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/29/2017 4:57 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:14:48 -0500, Ignoramus27792

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 07:14:50 -0700, Intervention
wrote:
dogs, and dog crap. It's pathological, like his lying.

Troll
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2

Why, maybe he does own those properties?

LOL No, anyone can see from the public records online that he does
not own ANY lots. And that includes the one his mobile sits on. He's
admitted to all of that. He's probably squatting on the vacant lots
and if challenged, will try to BS his way out of it, exactly as he's
done here countless times. Example - he said he owned all the
surrounding lots, including the one on which he'd parked a shipping
container and other crap.

"I own a quarter of an entire block"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...06c5ec3716c02c

But then, probably based on a complaint from the lot owner, Wieber was
ordered to clear out the crap or the county would do it for him.

"So this morning..she shows up with 2 deputies and advises me that I
have until 2pm Wed afternoon (24 hrs) to clean the lot off else Id be
cited for "illegally dumping" and the county would clean off the lot."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...6e55dd68ec765b

If this scenario plays out again, all Wieber has to do is find someone
to haul away all the boats. The only problem is that it's hard to find
people dumb enough to haul off worthless boats. The previous owners
found Wieber, he'd need to find someone even dumber.

Or perhaps their owners also are "boat collectors"?

It's obvious that Wieber is the king of hoarders on his street. Crap,
dogs, and dog crap. It's pathological, like his lying.

Troll

No, Whoyakidding is actually a much-needed chronicler.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

The boat that I owned a while ago, was a GREAT boat, extremely heavy
and heavy duty.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 11:38:11 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Troll

No, Whoyakidding is actually a much-needed chronicler.

Explain the need!

You really can not explain the need, can you. Ergo it is a Troll.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

Well, you got a good one. Bombardier sold them around 2000 or so, and the later ones are not well regarded around here.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 3:23:28
By
chronicling and deriding all of Wieber's stupid lies and threats,
Whoyakidding reminds the lot of you of what bad character you have for
not calling Wieber on his bull****. You let Wieber act as your useful
idiot, and Whoyakidding is reminding *you* of what a bad lot you are as
much as he is humiliating Wieber. You in particular regularly moan
about political comments by others - never Wieber - that you feel reduce
the value of the group. Whoyakidding reminds you of what a vile
hypocrite you are. That is necessary.

I do not think you comprehend necessary.

I have a perfect comprehension of it. In this context, it means the
things that must be done in order for a goal to be achieved.
Whoyakidding's chronicling of Wieber's bull****, *and* of your
acquiescence in it, are necessary for the goal of letting you all know
what ****ty characters you have.

So who gives a rats ass. I do not.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 09:11:19 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I got as far as saving a nice maple sapling for the handle ...

Maple will be nice for a push tool, but forget it for prying tools.

The hardwoods in my back lot are maple and red oak. When I slabbed the
red oak logs square I salvaged whatever random sizes I could as
rectangular strips and thin planks which have been useful, but they
don't create the look of hand-forged iron.with a debarked sapling
handle.

Oh, I didn't know it was a decorative tool.

Freeing the rocks in a post hole here requires serious iron like a
digging or San Angelo bar. One of my neighbors borrowed a Cat 316 from
work to clear and level a back yard and it was barely big enough.

Grok that. There are some large ones here, too.

I have scratches on my side from when I moved the tools out to the
pump house last month. I put my digging bar in the front and it
unbalanced the whole thing, so when I jostled things to get a leaf
rake out, I brought it down on me. The hard toothed rake took a shot
and won.

After that, the digging bar went against the corner in the pump house
and I put a pair of stabilizers on the wooden tool holder matrix.

--
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they
are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.
--Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/30/2017 1:23 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
I have a perfect comprehension of it. In this context,

11 years ago, while posting under this current nym, Rudy Canoza, we had a
discussion about a revised marketing claim concerning grass-fed beef from
USDA. You claimed that you had written to and received a reply from
William T.
Sessions, Associate Deputy Administrator, Livestock and Seed Program. Here
below is the post you wrote using the nym Rudy Canoza containing your
correspondence with William Sessions.

[start- Jon to me]
Eat **** and bark at the moon, Dreck - the proposed
standard has NOT been adopted. I wrote to William
Sessions, the associate deputy administrator (how's
that for a title) at the Livestock and Seed Program at
USDA that is in charge of writing the standard for the
"meat marketing claims"; his name, title and e-mail
address are at a web page whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

From: "Sessions, William"
To: jonball@[...]
Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim
standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly, the
standards have not been published in a final form for use. I
hope this information is helpful.
Please let me know if further information is needed.
Thanks,
William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/28/2017 2:48 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
"Mildly intrigued" why someone who lives in a quasi-desert has half a
dozen boats parked on a couple of weed-choked lots he doesn't own.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the
property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is
Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.

https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2

Why, maybe he does own those properties? Or perhaps their owners also
are "boat collectors"?

Cool! Thats the latest photo Ive seen. Must be somewhere around
Febuary or there abouts. The green decked boat pointing west, was a
gift to a friend up in Coalinga. She planted it and turned it into a
kids playhouse. Someone had stolen the mast before I got it, and it
wasnt worth my time or effort to find another one.

The next photo group should show the boats like this:

https://goo.gl/photos/kzvUNXKSPTSJ8YVx8

Only the poor sad Newport Venture is over on the other side of the
street now.

https://goo.gl/photos/gKuELHHddpZP6hqx6

I gave that one to a friend of mine, he has been slobbering over it
for a year or more and wants to restore it.

I had to move all the boats, so I could cover them with security
cameras, since some asshole broke a hatch on the Aquarius trying to
find something to steal for drugs. Related to you by any chance? I
nailed him with the pellet gun about 3am, knocked his ass right off
the boat and he staggered down the street dragging his leg. Shot him
in the left thigh with a .177 love pill at about 700 fps. Next time,
they might find him hard as a carp.

Ill bet he is some sort of kin of yours.

Say....what kind of boats do you own?
Anything that doesnt need to be blown up?

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-28, Rudy Canoza wrote:
[...]

Why not fix it up and use it? Its not difficult to do. You are handy
enough to do it.

Aquarius 7.0
https://goo.gl/photos/gaFkPC11Zs9Qn54Z9

Ensenda 20
https://goo.gl/photos/Ke9AdFsiJrTWrVLc6

Windrose 18
https://goo.gl/photos/CWtpsL3UPsaixbqK8

Oday Daysailer II
https://goo.gl/photos/qvUCNgSYoiTeiNaw8

Venture 2-24
https://goo.gl/photos/9oD63QzMwZ1kx4he8

Newport Venture project boat
https://goo.gl/photos/oYg1BhQ2XShyJ1ca8

There is an elderly Hobi 16 in..hmmm..the Aquarius album I might fix
up, but Im a bit afraid to do so..the hulls on these tend to buckle
right in front of the trampoline. An known issue with the old ones.
Free to anyone who wants it. Running gear is in excellent shape as are
the sails.

Boats Ive completed and sold, paying for materials and expenses on the
other boats above, and a fair chunk of pocket change.

Flying Juniors 1 & 2
https://goo.gl/photos/XdYkxH66pHf9WwDu8

https://goo.gl/photos/tg6h3gHwpWUxnZJk6

Force 5, traded for a 3" Featherweight, a nice wood chipper and a
couple hundred bucks cash.
https://goo.gl/photos/mqKwDySTEPZiRko16

If a poor old retarded dumb**** like ol Gunner can fix up a
complicated boat..Im sure you can breeze right through it.

Gunner

---